Richard is the President/Managing Director of CBRE-Albany. He began his career with the firm in 1984 as an industrial broker. During his career in transactional brokerage, Richard completed deals totaling in excess of 9 million SF. He was appointed a Vice President/Principal of the firm in 1999 and Executive Vice President in 2007. In 2011, the firm conducted a management restructure and Richard was named to his current position.
Richard has a long history of leadership within the industry having served on the board and as president of the Commercial and Industrial Real Estate Brokers, Inc. (CIREB). He has served as Upstate NY chapter president as well as chairing several national committees and councils for the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) including serving two terms on its board of directors.
Richard is active in local leadership roles in the Capital Region serving as Chair of the Capital Region Chamber Board of Directors (2019) and on the board of the Center for Economic Growth (CEG). In addition to his roles in the business community, he is active in the community and has also served as board chair for several regional non-profits including American Red Cross Eastern NY, Colonie Youth Center, Senior Services of Albany, and the Salvation Army.
- Capital Region Chamber Board of Directors (Board Chair 2019)
- American Red Cross NE New York (Chair 2012-14)
- Albany Salvation Army (past Chair)
- Senior Services of Albany (past Chair)
- Latham (Colonie) Chamber of Commerce (past Chair)
- Colonie Youth Center (past Chair)
- Appointed by Town Board of Colonie in 2005 to its Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC) Serving as its Chair