As Group President and Chief Executive Officer, the Americas, Jack Durburg oversees CBRE’s largest operating unit, the Americas, a business with more than $7.8 billion of revenue and 35,000 employees. He has responsibility for all the firm’s geographies and business lines within the Americas region. In addition, one of CBRE’s five global lines of business, Advisory & Transaction Services, reports up to him. Mr. Durburg serves as a member of the company’s Global Operating Committee, and also chairs the Americas Strategy Group.
Prior to his current role, Jack was Global President, Advisory & Transaction Services. CBRE’s Advisory & Transaction Services encompasses leasing across all product types (office, industrial and retail) for occupiers and investors as well as asset sales that are not income producing. Jack focused on driving strong growth and cementing CBRE’s market-leading position throughout all Advisory & Transaction Services product lines around the globe.
Earlier, Jack served as President, Central Division for CBRE. In this role, Jack directed a geographical division encompassing more than 25 offices across nine states, with responsibility for all lines of business.
Before that, Jack served as Executive Managing Director and overall market leader for CBRE’s Chicago region.
With 30 years in the business, Mr. Durburg is well versed in all aspects of commercial real estate and serves as an advisor to the leaders of major corporations and institutional owners. He is one of the foremost industry experts, a sought-after speaker and respected CBRE leader.
Prior to joining CBRE in 2001, Mr. Durburg served a six-year tenure at Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc., Chicago, where he served as Vice President and Regional Leasing Director.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CBRE Foundation, Board Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) – Member, President (2006)
- ULI - Member
- The Economic Club of Chicago - Member
- Crain’s Chicago Business – “Who’s Who”, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Crain’s Chicago Business – “40 Under 40”, 2004
- Recipient, CBRE Chairman’s Excellence Award - recognizing the top Market Leader nationwide, 2007
- Delta Mu Delta Academic Fraternity - Member since 1994
- DePaul University - Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business; Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Indiana University Bloomington - Kelley School of Business; Bachelor's Degree, Marketing and Management